Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Puppets

My New Year's Resolution was to make more of the time I have with my girl. To do more things that get her little brain ticking. I vowed to spend more time teaching her, laughing with her, and providing her with a little more structure in our afternoons. It's been over 3 months and some days are better than others, but I'm still determined to make the most of these fleeting days I have with my 2 year old girl. Because I'm well aware that she won't be this little for long. I want to make every moment count. I'm determined to mother this little angel with no regrets. So, I said all that to say this very small thing...today I made her some puppets. Backyardigan puppets to be exact. While she was at school this morning, I created lots of activities for us to do when she woke up from her nap that afternoon. I knew she would love these puppets.

And she did. She carried them around all afternoon.

She wanted to have a tea party with the Backyardigans and her farm characters, so we stuck the sticks in little tubs of play doh. This could be the most genius idea I've ever had! HA!



On a side note: She LOVES this stuff.


And just to make you smile, a little video. FYI: most of her speech is not audible. She can be hard to understand at times, especially when she is pretending. Enjoy.

YouTube Video


So while my house is a complete disaster and I have laundry up to my ears, I can count today among those where memories were made and the bond I have with my girl was deepened. She loves me, this girl. And for that I owe her the very best I have to give.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment