Friday, April 8, 2011

Updates

I started this little blog as a way to keep all the ones we love updated on the daily life of my girl. Her dad and I want you all to be able to watch her grow and the know about the little things that make her her, even though we are so very far away. I hope the blog is living up to its expectation!
I was thinking this morning that I need to start giving updates about things I post. For example, I need to share if the switch to soy has been successful or if she has actually cut any new teeth. So, today, I'm doing just that. Here are some updates!

1) Yes. The soy seems to be a success. Her little tush is completely rash-free for the first time in almost 8 weeks. It seems that her entire digestive process has improved. However, she is still getting the rash around her mouth. I've decided to cut out all red foods (strawberries, watermelons, etc) which I think may be causing it. I'll keep you posted!

2) No. She hasn't cut any new teeth since right after Christmas. I'm not surprised. She's never been quick to get teeth. Speaking of teeth, her two front teeth seem to be back to normal after her fall last week. I'm actually started to think her little snaggle teeth are kinda cute.

3) She has learned several new words this week. They include: Uh-Oh!, eyes, goes (toes), shoosh (shoes), eyyooo (hello), bwoon bwoon (balloon). If I had to make a list of the top 10 most amazing feelings in the world, I would most definitely add, "Hearing your baby say new words and know that she understands exactly what they mean."

4) Things on the potty training front are moving slowly. She hasn't gone on the potty yet, but just yesterday, she started patting her diaper if it was dirty. This means she is aware that she has gone and wants me to know. This is very promising!

5) Her current favorite things: her baby, her blankie, purses, shoes, jewelry (take a look at the airport pics), and balls and balloons.

6) Other randoms: She has started to grunt when picking things up as if they are heavy, even if they are not heavy whatsoever. She's learning to turn doorknobs and can open the bathroom door all by herself. She recognizes me in pictures and says, "MAMA!!!" She loves to pretend that she is blowing her nose. I could go on for days!

Happy Friday, everyone. We are having a great time with Nina this week. We have a trip to the beach planned for the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment