Monday, May 2, 2011

Boots

There a few large tubs in AC's closet that hold all the clothes and shoes she has outgrown. Yesterday, I had to move one of these tubs in order to reach something behind it. So I sat it outside the closet on her bedroom floor and forgot to put it back. This tub just so happened to be clear. Let's jump to today. AC wakes up from a good nap. I hear her talking with conviction on the monitor. When I walk in her room, she is pointing at the tub and saying, "Boot. Boot." She can see her boots from this past winter inside the tub. And she wants them badly. So, what do I do? I get her the boots. But now she wants her coat and her pants. So, after she is all decked out in her winter gear, we head downstairs for lunch!


It wasn't long before she realized that it is too darn hot here to be wearing all those layers. "Off, Mom," she said. So, I took it all off! Let me point out that I don't know why she is now calling me "Mom" instead of "Mama." Isn't "Mom" for big kids? I thought I had a little while before I stopped being Mama or Mommy and started being Mom. Sad.

On a different note, this is the only (and very bad) picture I have of her bite mark from the boy at church. She has her wrist bent so it is hard to see the entire mark.
It looks much better today and she has been completely oblivious to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment