Tuesday, August 16, 2011

2 Year Check-Up and Things

AC had her 2 year check-up today. Everything went well. She weighs 27.6 lbs (55th percentile) and 37.5 inches tall (96th percentile). She is long and lean. She has met all the milestones and we couldn't be happier about that. She got 2 shots today - MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) and Hep A (hepatitis A, a liver disease). She only cried while the needles were in her legs. Once they were out and she got two fun band-aids, she was completely over it. I think she might be feeling a little bad now because she was unusually cranky at bed time. She has never had reactions to any of the shots in the past. I'm just praying this holds true this time around. I know it's what is best for her and, ultimately, all the other people around her, but I really do hate when she gets shots. Hate it.

Our check-up didn't end today. The state requires all toddlers to have two additional tests when they turn 2. A lead test and a CBC (complete blood count) test. The lead test will measure the amount of lead in her blood. The CBC will measure the concentration of white blood cells, red blood cells, platelets, and blood volume of the blood. We have to go to a lab tomorrow to have these done. Maybe I'm weird, but I'm glad that she is having these tests done. I want to know everything I possibly can about how her little body is functioning.

We haven't been doing much else the last few days. Daddy had to work this weekend, so it was just me and the little one for the most part. We've been to the park and Publix. We've been swimming and walking. We've been reading books and painting and coloring.

Here are a few random pictures.
I run on my treadmill almost everyday when AC is napping. Yesterday I hopped on and before I started it, I felt something weird under my feet. Look what I found. I wonder who decided to hide all the discs in there?

I pulled all of these out from under the belt. I didn't even know we had that many discs. It's time to clean out/toddler-proof the desk drawers, I guess.

She loves to try and take my camera when I'm taking a picture.

She also loves to throw all the cushions off my patio furniture.

Right now, she is in l.o.v.e. with Blue from the movie "Rio."
She carries him around and treats him like a person. It is kinda cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment