Saturday, August 20, 2011

Lip Gloss Disaster

Here's why I have decided to throw away or hide all lip gloss in this house.

She is obsessed. I walked into the next room to look for a piece of paper on which I had written a phone number. I left her sitting at her little table coloring pictures of Mickey Mouse. I could still hear her and knew she would be fine for just a few minutes. Well, I have no idea where she found this. My theory is that she had hidden it in her play kitchen a few days ago. When I left the room, she must have gotten up and found it in the kitchen. Somehow she got the lid off and went to town.

After scrubbing her face to the point of tears, I was able to get most of it off. There was some residual sparkle left around her eyes, but I figured it would wear off during the day. Later that day, she woke up from her nap with bloodshot eyes and a couple of bumps on her cheeks.

Despite the huge pain this mess was, I couldn't help but smile when she finally saw herself in the mirror. "Mommy, look at me! Look, me!! I pitty!" She loved it.

On a different note, we've been busy playing with our little friends Reese, Mia, Elise, and Liam. All of these kids live in our neighborhood and AC plays with them at the park a few times a week. We've been spending a lot of time with these little guys because all of them, even AC, start school on Monday. I have a feeling it will be quite a while before they all see each other again. I'm starting to get a little sad. Orientation is tomorrow. I'm sure that's when it will really hit me. But I'm still excited for her. I can't wait for her to make more friends. I'm so excited for others to grow to know and love my sweet, loving little girl. And I'm so excited for all the things she will learn. According to the curriculum map, the five senses, colors, cutting, and much more are up first! I just know she's going to love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment