Monday, August 22, 2011

The First Day

Here's how it all went:
I got up early, got myself ready, put the finishing touches on AC's lunch, and ate breakfast.
An hour later, AC wakes up and has her breakfast. While she's eating, I work on her hair. She had some major bedhead. I can tell that she senses that something is different about today. She must know because I am fixing her hair during breakfast. That never happens. As soon as she's done eating, we change her clothes and try to head for the door.

She wasn't having it, at first. I wouldn't say that she was grumpy. She just wanted me to slow down a bit. She is used to having an hour or more to fully wake up and start her day. This morning she had 25 minutes. So, when I started taking pictures, she wasn't so sure she was going to cooperate. Hence the lying down and refusing to stand up.


But I was determined to have a good morning and get a few good pictures of my girl on her very first 1st day of school. She began to cheer up once we got outside.

This is the best I could do when it came to a picture of the two of us.

This is the best I could do when it came to a picture of these 2 goofs. Love them.
In the car on the way to school, she kept saying, "Me ready, Mommy. Me ready." She was so excited.

And she jumped right in as soon as we walked through her classroom door.
Right after this picture, she looked up at us and said, "Love you, Daddy. Love you, Mommy." We kissed her and left. I cried all the way to the car. I'm actually tearing up a little just thinking about it. For the next 3.5 hours, I felt strange. I spend 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with my girl. We are never separated for more than 1 hour a week. While I so desperately wanted her to start school, I felt like I was missing something all morning. Like I had left a little piece of me behind. I guess I did in a way. A living, breathing 2 year old piece of me.

While I was a crying mess, AC was having a blast. When I went to pick her up, the teacher said she did amazing. Her exact words were, "This girl here has been a big hit in our room today." A big hit, huh? That's my girl...

After a few kisses, hugs, and thank-yous, we were back in the car and headed for home. I must have asked her 10 times what she did at school. She didn't understand what I wanted, but I wanted her to tell me all about it! I'm so happy for her. I can't wait to see what the rest of the year has in store for my angel.

1 comment:

  1. awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! How sweet Sara! This made me tear up a little. So proud of you and her. :)
    Tell Daddy he was looking mighty dapper for her first day as well.

    ReplyDelete