Friday, August 12, 2011

A Few (Unrelated) Things

Just a few random things:
1) I just got a hair cut. That's a big deal for me. It's been 9 months and I needed it desperately. I will admit that I was terrified the entire time because the hairdresser, Ynette, had a very thick accent. The only thing she said that I really understood was "like Kim Kardashian." "Sure," I replied and wondered what the heck she might possibly be asking me. If this lady could make that happen, consider me a customer for life. I don't look like Kimmy, but my hair looks much better. I'm happy with Ynette.
2) We are getting very excited for the wedding festivities. Only 4 weeks away. It's going to be amazing.
3) AC has her 2 year check-up with Dr. Fang on Tuesday. She gets shots. I'm nervous for several reasons.
4) FedEx has lost one of my packages. The driver left a post-it thingy on the door saying he left the box. There is no box. I'm pretty ticked about it and I'm not going to say how I really feel about the entire situation. Let's just say that the amount of trust I put in strangers has significantly decreased since we moved here.
5) A lady actually plugged her ears when AC and I strolled by her in Publix yesterday. Seriously, old Scrooge lady? You must not have kids. Or grandkids. Or friends. You shouldn't bring your grouchy old behind to the grocery store at 4:00 if you don't want to hear children. Oh how I miss me some sweet southern mamas and grandmamas.
6) I need to find a way to overlook other people's bad grammar in writing. I realize this ups my level of dorkiness. Sorry, I'm an English teacher. Just being honest.
7) It has been raining a lot. This makes for very good sandcastle building. AC has found a love for "cattles" so you can imagine how thrilled she was when Mama made her a few.



We love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment