Monday, November 7, 2011

Almost There

For the last 6 days, our time has revolved around these 2 things.

A Potty Chair

And Training Pants.

It's been trying at times, but I can confidently say that I think we have made it over the potty-training hill and are on the downhill slide. She hasn't had an accident in 2 days! In fact, I took a gamble and sent her to school with no diapers. Only extra training pants. I was sure that she would have an accident once she became engaged in a fun activity. I was surprised to find her in the same clothes when I picked her up. Her teacher said that she did a great job. She told her teacher when she had to go. She was a champ at sitting on the real potty in the classroom. And she even pooped! 4 hours of school with no diaper and no accidents. That's a big deal! Woohoo! I'm so proud of her. Because she did so well, her teacher let her pick a prize from the treasure box. Here's what she got.
I kid you not, she put these glasses on her face, looked at me, and said, "Mommy, me so Hollywood!" She is hilarious! I have NO idea where she heard that! Anyway, we are soooo close to being diaper-free! And I am so proud of AC for tackling this challenge like the little champion that she is and of me for deciding she was going to do it and helping her learn to do it! We make a great team!

No comments:

Post a Comment