Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sick?

Yesterday morning, I heard AC squirming in bed at around 6:30. She wasn't talking, just restless wiggling. I waited for her to call for me, but she didn't. So I drifted back to sleep. About an hour later I heard her faintly talking, so I went to get her. As soon as I opened the door, I noticed that her shirt had a wet spot on the front. And then I noticed that she had drool hanging from her chin. The first words she said were, "Mommy, my tummy hurts." So I reached down to pick her up and she puked all over my back. She puked again at 8:30 and 9. She refused to eat anything yesterday. She did drink a lot but no food. She developed a fever at bedtime (100.7). She went to sleep before her head even hit the bed. This morning she appeared to be on the mend. She ate her breakfast and drank her juice. She hasn't puked any more today, but hasn't eaten anything other than 1 powdered donut today. Her fever is gone and she has been playing and running. I'm not sure what she had but I'm praying she starts to eat again tomorrow. Because I felt sorry for her, she was able to easily persuade me into buying these shoes for her.

They are 2 sizes too big, but she loves her Tinker Bell shoes. She wore them all evening.

I caved again and bought her these at Party City. She loves them. She doesn't want to drink from them. Instead she talks to them like they are actually figurines. This child has a wild imagination. She is constantly pretending to be some sort of animal, a doctor, a mommy, or a cartoon character. She has entire conversations with imaginary characters. I keep asking her is she's met anyone named Derrin (Daddy's famous childhood imaginary friend). As of yet he's MIA.

And here is a picture of this funny girl from Sunday. She's getting so big.

I hope she is feeling 100% tomorrow. We love and miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment