Friday, June 15, 2012

Floors are Done!

The floors are done!  Hallelujah! I have spent the last 5 days trying to keep my girl out of the floor guy's power tools.  I'm exhausted and tired of having a stranger in my house.  Plus, with all the sawing and banging of hammers, it was impossible for AC to nap.  She hasn't had a nap all week.  It's been harder on me, I swear.  I'm just wishing, hoping, and really praying that she will go back to napping tomorrow.  We shall see.  

Here is a picture of the floor in this room.  It looks so much better than the carpet.  I had to lay a big quilt down in front of the couch because we don't have rugs yet.  That area already has a few scratches from AC and Gracie.  I'm on the hunt for a cute, cheap rug.  Cheap being the most important.  I know that it will get ruined in a matter of months, just like my carpet.  Toddlers, furry dogs, and messy husbands are really hard on things!

This girl is sleepy, but she approves of the new floor.  It's much easier for her to do her ballet moves.


In other news:
TMI (too much info) alert: AC pooped on the potty AT SCHOOL today!  This was the very first time. She's done it about 10 times at home but never at school.  I'm not sure why she decided today was the day, but she did it.  I made a huge deal of it in hopes that it would convince her to make it a permanent thing!

It is so, so, so, so, so hot here.  And even more humid.  Ugh.  I hate it.  I'm going to leave it at that.

Yesterday while I was trying to keep her occupied and out of the way of the floor guy, AC and I decided to paint.  Below are our finished products.  The one on the top is mine.  I started out trying to paint balloons put changed to stripes.  AC was watching me and painted the bottom picture.  All by herself.  I think it's pretty incredible.  She has an artistic side, for sure.

We love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment