Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Request

It is true that life is full of mysteries, things that only God can explain. I'm so very thankful for my faith in Him during such trying times. While things are going well for me and the ones I love, I sadly can't say the same for a high school friend of mine. I feel the need to tell you her story because she and her daughter need all the prayers they can get. My friend, Kelly, has a two year old daughter. Just 3 days ago she was a lively little girl enjoying Christmas. Today, she has a 30% chance of surviving a rare form of cancer. Every time I look at my sweet girl, my heart hurts for Kelly and her girl. Here is a link that will tell you more about this story. Just click on the word 'story' to read more. I ask that you say a prayer for Kelly, her husband, her son, and especially her daughter.

After I heard the news of Kelly and her girl, I was reminded of this quote.
Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. One day I may dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in my pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return.

So, I'm making my resolution this new year to treasure each and every 'normal' day with my girl and my husband. Not just because things can change so quickly, as they did for Kelly, but also to teach my girl how to the do the same. To show her how to live a life content.
Please pray for Kelly and her girl to get back to their normal days very, very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment