Friday, July 22, 2011

1st Trip to the Zoo!

We decided to kick off AC's 2nd birthday celebration by taking her to the zoo for the very first time. As most of you know, she is an animal-lover. I just knew she would love the zoo. And she is old enough now to actually understand what she is seeing (which is why I haven't taken her sooner). Nina, Papa, AC, and I left home early Thursday morning in hopes of beating the heat. After a few minutes and miles down the Expressway, we were ready to take it all in.

Strapped in her stroller and ready to go.

Taking a little break from her stroller to walk with Nina and Papa.

Watching the monkeys with Papa. They were swinging from the trees and yelling.
She was mesmerized.


Her very first carousel ride. I wish I had taped this experience. She was screaming and clapping with joy. It was the highlight of the week, I think.
It still makes me smile just thinking about it.


Next we made our way to the Children's Zoo section. There was a petting zoo which she absolutely loved. Be able to get up close and personal to real animals, are you kidding me?
She was loving it.


On the way out of the Children's Zoo. She wasn't very happy that we had to move on.

We took lots of water breaks. Needless to say, we weren't able to beat the heat (or the mosquitoes). We were all sweaty, itchy messes by the time it was all over.

After the petting the goats at the Children's Zoo, she wanted to pet every animal we saw. Especially the gigantic elephants. This was as close as she got to petting an elephant. I think she was satisfied with this little guy!


Taking a quick picture with Nina and putting her best cheese face for the camera.

Another first = Dippin' Dots. And chocolate ones at that!

Yummy!

Before leaving we stopped at the gift shop where AC picked out this little giraffe, or 'baby raffe' as she calls it. We also tried to get a quick picture together.

"Mommy, hug? Kiss?" How could I refuse?

She was exhausted by the time we started for home. We all were, I think.

It was a great day at the zoo! Daddy and I will definitely be taking her back! We might just try the aquarium next time. At least it has air conditioning!

1 comment:

  1. So precious! I can imagine how great it is/was to have your Mom and Dad there. I know I say it all the time, but that little AC is just too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete