Monday, May 21, 2012

Her Jokes

Today was a slow one for us.  AC isn't feeling well.  She had a fever of 101.2 at bedtime.  I'm hoping it breaks in the night and she starts feeling better.  I hate taking her to the doctor.  Hate it.  Before she started school last August, she had only been sick about 3 times in 2 years.  Since starting school, she has been sick with a fever once or twice a month.  Luckily, it's never been anything other than a cold but having a sick kid is no fun.  

Despite the sniffles, she's been really funny today.  Here are a few of her "jokes"!  

She picked up a clean shirt from the laundry pile on the couch that I was getting ready to fold.  She held it up and walked over to me.  She says, "Wow, Mommy!  Daddy is going to be so proud of you for washing this!"  Ha!  Had the laundry gotten so bad that even my 2 year old noticed?

After we got home from school, she walks up to me with her princess crown and says, "Mommy, you get the crown for driving us home safely!  I'm really proud of you!"  Where does she come up with this stuff!

She woke up from her nap and started to call for me.  She is still sleeping in her crib and has to wait  for me to get her out when she wakes up.  When I walk in the door, she is standing up with her arms crossed.  She says, "We have a BIG problem.  Mommy, you are crazy.  Yes, crazy and silly."  Sigh.  She's got me figured out!  

She had a little ice cream before bed.  The only way I can get her to take medicine is to mix it with pudding or ice cream.   So I mixed Tylenol in with her ice cream to help her fever.  She got a little on her arm and when I asked her what it was she said, "Nicky (a boy in her class) hit me."  I said, "Are you sure?" just playing along with her.  She said, "Yes, Mommy."  I said, "What did Ms. Lyndi say when this happened?"  She said, "Anna Claire, that's a-possible (impossible)!"  It's totally possible, but it's sad that she blames all of her bumps and bruises on Nicky, and Matilda.  

She can be so funny.  She LOVES to make people laugh.  And she loves to laugh at other people.  She always cracks up when she hears someone get excited while speaking another language.  I think she thinks they are trying to make silly noises because they are so excited.  It is embarrassing.  

Pray that she feels better tomorrow.  We love and miss you all.  


No comments:

Post a Comment