Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Our Week

I can't believe that has been almost a week since I updated the blog.  Oops!  Here is what's been happening since we talked last.  

Friday: AC went to school.  I went to MOPS.  That evening was the Spring Fling at AC's school.  She had a blast, as usual.  Here she is on the hayride with her new 4 year old bff, JoElle.  JoElle is the daughter of my friend, JoAnne, and she is probably the sweetest 4 year old you could possibly meet.  I'm thankful my girl has friends like her.   Her teacher says they play together everyday on the playground!

Saturday:  AC had pancakes with sprinkles for breakfast.  We dropped Daddy off at the Allergist and went to a party/picnic at the local splash park.  It rained the entire time so AC didn't get to play but for a few minutes.  We did get a nice catered lunch though, so it wasn't a total loss.  That night we went to church.

Sunday:  AC, me, and Daddy were all officially sick.  We didn't leave the house.  This was perfectly fine because at this point it had been raining for 3 straight days.  I'm not exaggerating.  It literally rained for 36 consecutive hours.  I'm sure we got at least 12 inches of rainfall.  I guess it's not surprising to say that after all this rain, we have a huge wet spot on the wall in our dining room.  The roofer is coming in the morning.  Please pray that it isn't a major problem.

Monday: AC stayed home from school with a cold.

Tuesday: Grocery shopping.

Wednesday: AC back to school.  I got the car serviced.  We went to Matilda's house to play for a while.    I won a silent auction at the Spring Fling.  My prize was a gardening kit.  AC had a lot of fun this afternoon with her tiny wheelbarrow and seeds.



Today I'm thankful that we are all feeling a lot better.  I'm thankful that the rain has stopped and that the leak on our wall isn't bigger.  Mostly, I'm thankful for my sister and the guardian angel she had with her yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment