Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

As AC and I passed out gifts to her teachers on Friday for Teacher Appreciation week, one teacher said to me, "You are so lucky to have her.  She really is a special little girl."  What sweet words for a mother to hear.  I will never forget them.  I'm trying to so hard create a loving, patient, friendly, and kind-hearted little girl.  It's nice to know that the fruits of my labors might just be paying off.  I'm just so happy that she is mine, so I thanked her today for being the reason that I got to celebrate Mother's Day.

She was in a really silly mood all day.  She can be hilarious.  She LOVES to make her Daddy laugh and is always doing things she thinks will make him chuckle.  


And can you believe that she can pull the straw off a juice box, pull the plastic off, and stick it in the tiny foil hole all by herself?

I have noticed that in the last few weeks she has become protective of her furry dog.  She gets upset at me if I have to fuss at Gracie.  She will say, "Mommy, that's not fair to yell at Gracie" or "Mommy, don't say that to my doggie!"  It is very sweet.






I can't forget to thank my first girl, my furry one.  Thanks for five wonderful Mother's Days, sweet girl.

Happy Mother's Day to my mom and my grandma.  Happy Mother's Day to my mother-in-law.  Our life is better because of all the things you did along the way.  Happy Mother's Day to my sister-in-laws and my aunts.  Happy Mother's Day to my sister, who is a mother at heart and in all the ways that matter.  Happy Mother's Day to my friends who are on this voyage with me.  Each of you has helped shape my journey into motherhood.  I love you all so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment