Wednesday, March 21, 2012

How Big is She?

AC had a 2 1/2 year visit with her pediatrician. Just a well-child visit/check-up to check her height and weight. She also got a shot. I can't remember what shot it was. I feel kinda bad about that. Anyway, at the ripe old age of 32 months, she weighs 31 lbs. and is 38.5 in. (3' 2.5") tall. This puts her in the 50th percentile for weight and 85th for height. In the past year, she has gained 2 lbs. and grown 5 inches. She is long and lean which still blows my mind, because I am neither of these things. She is her Daddy's mini-me, for sure.

We got the results of her allergy test back today. She was tested for all food and environmental allergies about 6 weeks ago. I was surprised to learn that she is 100% NOT allergic to any thing. Not one thing. Not even cow's milk which we have thought since she was 10 weeks old. I'm so happy about these results. Now we are going to start weaning her off the soy milk. Daddy and I are very excited about getting rid of soy. If your interested in why we don't want her drinking soy, read this. It is possible that she could be lactose intolerant. The test to determine this is much more complicated and not typically given to kids as young as AC. We are going to try the cow's milk once more and pray she tolerates it well before we worry about lactose intolerance.

On an exciting note, she had no potty accidents at school today! And she stayed dry the entire time we were gone to the doctor (almost 3 full hours)! Hooray! She has done excellent on the potty for months, literally, as long as we are at home. Now I'm just praying we can kick it up a notch and stay dry away from home as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

When we got home, she watched a little Backyardigans. Daddy didn't think it was as exciting as AC did.

We love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment