Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday's Really Long Post

It's Friiiiiiday! We love Fridays because that means that the Daddy gets to join in on our fun for a few days! Here is how our day commenced:
6:40ish: Wake-Up call from an 18 month old who was barking like a dog and mooing like a cow.
7-9:30: Eat breakfast, watch Barney and Sports Center, put in laundry (I bet you can't guess which of us is doing each of these activities). Daddy goes to work. Get ready for Gymboree. I've decided that this child needs some interaction with kids her own age, so we are giving Gymboree another go. It was fun last time but our lives got really hectic a month later and we stopped going.
10-12:30: Gymboree. Preface: I'm going to get on my soapbox for a minute, so feel free to skip on down if you don't want to hear it. Here goes. My child is 18 months old as you all know. The kids in her Gymboree group are 18-24 months. This is PLENTY old enough to behave, in most cases. I realize that toddlers are only capable of following a few rules, but seriously. Seriously! I can not stand to watch these little rascals run lawless around Gymboree. Why do parents even bring their kids, why pay the money, if you aren't going to at least try to make your kid participate in the program? And guess what happens when the child of the lazy parent starts pulling out all the cool hidden toys while my kid is supposed to playing an organized activity with a parachute? Yep, she drops that parachute like bad habit and makes a beeline for those cool toys. There goes my attempt at making my rambunctious, stubborn, nosey girl focus and participate. Stay home, lazy moms. I've got enough on my hands without trying to make your kid pay attention. You are ruining it for everyone else. Ok. I feel much better. It must be the teacher coming out in me! I'm sure it was because I snatched up those cool hidden toys, put them out of reach, and walked my girl straight back to the parachute with a smile. Anyway, she did love Gymboree and chattered all afternoon in her little language about everything under the sun!
12:30-2:15: Naps for all.
2:15-3:00: Lunch for all.
3-4: Quick trip to Target. Cereal, yogurt, bread, water, bananas...check.
4-4:30: Outside feeding ducks, throwing rocks in the lake, dancing, singing, playing with sticks, and such.
4:30-5:30: Some more Barney, dinner for AC, playing with her horses and babies.
5:30-6:00: Daddy gets home. More fishing.
6:10: AC bedtime. Daddy and I eat leftovers and start cleaning up the debris left scattered about by the little tornado that is our daughter. Oh, and I remembered that I put laundry in the washer this morning and forgot to put it in the dryer. Great.

I want to call this next section Friday's Favorites. These are all of our favorite things (this week)!
This week, AC loves...
1) This movie
I mean l.o.v.e.s.s.s.s.s. it!! She stands in her little chair and just yells at the TV with excitement. It trumps Barney every time. And that is a huge deal. I must say, it is adorable. I almost cried when I watched it the first time. Makes me miss my papaw. It's must-see, if you haven't already.
2) Ducks. Well, she actually likes feeding the ducks bread more than just the ducks alone. I have to keep her constantly preoccupied or she stands at the door and begs to go out all day long.
3) Dress-up clothes. More specifically, the princess outfit Mamaw and Papaw got her for Christmas. She wore it all day on Tuesday, even when we went to the park. No, I'm not kidding.


This week, Daddy loves...
1) Our new programmable coffee maker. It's nothing fancy. Just a Mr. Coffee. But we have fresh brewed coffee every morning at 6:30.

2) This show. He doesn't watch much TV, but he really loves this show. CBS. Thursday. 8 pm. Watch it!
3) His iPad. And he l.o.v.e.s.s.s.s.s.s.s it. I wasn't into it a first. I don't have an iPhone and am not into all these mobile devices. But it is so very cool. We are addicted. He won it in a contest. If you get one, I promise you'll love it.
This week, Mama loves...
1) Twitter. It's better than Facebook, for real. I am slightly obsessed. Just ask my sister.
2) General Hospital. I just love it and have since I was 13 years old. My very first episode was Stone's memorial service. They got me right then and there. Hook, line, and sinker. And today happens to be a big day on GH. Perhaps the pinnacle of my viewing history. I'll spare you the details, but I'm loving it!! I know, I know...I need a job, right?
3) This little foot filer. We wear sandals all year here and that is hard on a Mama's heels. I can't go without this little guy. I heart him.
4) Blogs. I have been reading blogs for a few years, way before I started one of my own. You really should find a few that you enjoy. I read blogs instead of watching TV. My most favorite blog is this one:
"Enjoying the Small Things" by Kelle Hampton. She is pretty awesome and really inspires me to be a better friend, daughter, sister, wife, and mostly, mom. If you are new to blogs, this is a wonderful place to start. Click on the red "Enjoying the Small Things" to check it out. Make sure to click on the "Start Here If You're New Tab" at the top. I promise you won't be disappointed.

And of course, we are all loving each of you! Happy long weekend, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post!! Love your soapbox rant, LOVE Kelle Hampton, love BIG BANG THEORY, in amazement that your child goes to bed at 6:00, love your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blake loves Up, too!! And of course I love Kelle, too. What a great idea! I may have to start Friday's Favorites!!

    ReplyDelete