Thursday, February 24, 2011

Itchy Scratchy

This is how my girl has been walking around for the past few days. To say that we have a bad case of diaper rash would be a huge understatement. We have a terrible case of diaper rash. In fact, Dr. Fang didn't even think it was diaper rash, but rather a bacterial and fungal skin infection.
You know it's bad when the doctor says, "Oh my." To say that I feel horrible about it would also be a huge understatement. I'm not sure how it happened. It was just there one day. But never fear. We had to go to a special pharmacy today (which was a complete pain in our rears-no pun intended) where we got a cream mixed up especially for AC. Things are looking up in the diaper zone!
As if this fierce hiney inflammation wasn't bad enough, look what I found this morning.
Her entire body is covered in this rash. And it itches something awful. I'm guessing that's why she was screaming in bed at 5 a.m.
Her back
(There are few dog hairs stuck to her back. Yuck!!)

Her chest

It pains me to look at these pictures. I have sensitive skin and know what this must feel like. Dr. Fang said it was an allergic reaction to something. I'm not sure what it could be. We haven't introduced anything new in her diet, laundry, clothing, cleaning products. Who knows...I just want it to be gone...soon.

So after a 5 hour trip to the dr. and 2 different pharmacies, we made it home with this loot. I'm keeping my fingers, toes, legs, arms, and all other crossable parts of my body crossed that in a few days her skin is little calmer.
"She's delicious," Dr. Fang whispered while taking her temperature. That's why we love you, Dr. Fang. We think so too.
And because I felt so bad for her, she got this. We lost Buzz at the pharmacy and found him after a manic hunt for the tiny space ranger.

On an exciting note, Daddy's trips to Key Largo and Georgia got cancelled. Now we don't have to be without him for 2 weeks! Tomorrow's Friday!! Woohoo! Much love.

1 comment:

  1. Oh MY!!! That whole post made me cringe...poor precious girl. I'm so glad that she has a wonderful mama and a wonderful doctor to take care of her :)

    ReplyDelete