Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Fort

Today was a wonderful day. I woke up at 6:01 am and couldn't believe my ears. I had to wake up Daddy just to make sure it was really happening. I don't think he appreciated this very much. He mumbled, "Yeah, I hear her" and went right back to sleep. It was real and it was so, so, so funny. I heard AC babbling crazily and then busting into belly laughs. She was cracking up! It was almost as if she were telling herself jokes. This went on for about 2 minutes before I went to her. I never figured out what was so funny. There was nothing out of the ordinary about her or her room. Who knows, but it was a wonderful way to start the day, even if we were up at the literal crack of dawn. She was really good all morning. She slept for over 2 hours at nap time. She devoured her lunch and didn't fight with me at all to sit and eat. Not one single tantrum. You hear me. Not one. No time-outs. Nothing. Just a precious girl who was so much fun. Anyway, here is the highlight of our day...a fort!
I wanted to find an alternative to the couch cushions as they are getting mightily misshapen from all the play. Here is what I came up with. A quilt over 3 chairs. It was a big hit!
She would enter on this side, where the quilt was the shortest. And we want Aunt Meg to know that her hoarding tendencies were in full effect as she gathered EVERYTHING, and I mean everything, she could carry and brought it into the fort. *My child does wear clothes even though it may appear otherwise!
Here is what was left of the fort at nap time. Look closely and you will see my Nikes, a broom, a stick, the diaper bag, Barney, Doggie, a basket with diapers and wipes, and the list goes on. After nap time I put the quilt back on and we continued to play. Yes, I had to get in the fort. So did our 75 lb. dog. It got rather toasty inside there.
And here is G enjoying what is left of the fort after the munchkin went to bed.
We hope you all enjoyed your day just as much as we did! Hopefully we can make it two in a row!

No comments:

Post a Comment