Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Funny Girl

Thanks to Tropical Storm Nicole, we were stuck inside all day. Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, blah, blah, blah. The worst part of it all is that today was only the first day. More rain is in the forecast for the rest of the week, so much so that the county is making all the arrangements for flooding (lowering the levees, filling sandbags, etc.). And I'm no meteorologist, but I'm guessing the humidity was around 100% today. But we didn't let all this get in the way of fun! Here are some of the things our crazy girl got into today.
FYI: My child does wear clothes. She may not have any on in these pictures, but she did get dressed today. I promise.

Right after breakfast, she managed to weasel her way into the refrigerator. She found what she wanted and, one by one, took it across the kitchen, into the living room, and placed it on the treadmill in a perfect line.
This all started before I could get the other pigtail put in.
This is her finished work. Right after I took this picture, I walked away to find the lens cap for camera. Within the 60 seconds that she was out of my sight, she took the ketchup (2nd from the right) off the treadmill, unscrewed the lid, and tried to taste it. When I came back, ketchup was smeared all over my nice, clean carpet. I totally freaked out. Ask my mom. She was the poor soul that answered my phone call at this moment. Thank goodness it all came out. The refrigerator is officially off limits to everyone under 4' tall.

Later she found one of my headbands. I put it on her and she loved it. She walked around like this for about 2 hours. It was hilarious.
One of her 6 month pictures is resting on the window. It is the only place I can put it where she won't mess with it until I can get it up on the wall. She discovered it today and spent a few minutes staring at herself.

"Gosh, Mama. I was a cute baby, huh?"


And finally, my favorite. I got my first piece of artwork from AC today. She did it all on her own (except for the brown on the bottom left...I was showing her what to do). I'm a proud mama.
Much love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment