Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Toddler Tornado

Her daddy calls her his little tornado. She proved him right today. She is bonafide mess-maker. I must say that most days are slightly tornado-ish when you live with a toddler. She is like a linx, this one. She can sneak into a cabinet, pull out all the contents, and drag them all around the house before I even know she's missing. She was extra special messy today. Maybe it's because I was exhausted (I stayed up WAY too late last night) and didn't have the energy to follow her around and pick up all the stuff she dragged out. Also, she is a strong baby. She can pick up a gallon of water and carry it around. This strength aides in her daily destruction of our house. She is able to push and pull things that I wouldn't even think of (sofa tables, hampers full of laundry, packs of diapers, sacks of potatoes, the trash can, the vacuum, etc.). Daddy thinks she is destined to be an athlete. He hopes so, anyway. I know it's been an exceptionally messy day when Daddy walks through the door in the afternoon and his first words are, "Wow. This place is a disaster." But I must admit, I probably let her explore a little too freely. I have a bad habit of just letting her make a mess if it makes her happy and isn't dangerous. I'm afraid I've created a mess monster. She's going to grow out of this, right?!?!


She has pushed and pulled this pack of paper towels around all week. Well, today she managed to rip it open and here is the result. This is just what you can see. There are more. And yes, that black thing is a scale. She brought that in from the bathroom!


Just taking a little break in the cake pan!

This picture has nothing to do with messes, but I had to throw it in! She loves to climb up on the couch using this step stool. This morning, she stood on it and helped Daddy eat his breakfast.




No comments:

Post a Comment