Saturday, September 25, 2010

This and That

Hi everyone! I apologize for the absence. Our newly installed internet went out on Wednesday. Fabulous, not. After at least 10 phone calls and one no-show repairman, we are up and running! I should be back to the daily blog for sure now!

It has been a really long and stressful week for our family. I'll spare you all the details because it's all over and next week WILL be better. It has no choice. You hear me, Next Week...you better shape up! The one thing I will ask is for prayers. Prayers for the daddy's brother. He is currently serving with the US Army in Afghanistan. It is a very turbulent time in this war zone, and we felt that firsthand this week. Pray for his safety and speedy recovery. We love you, J and are so very proud of you.

Here is what the baby girl has been up to for the last few days.
We ate a little chocolate, discovered some runaway hangers, and went swimming!
A little recommendation to start off:
If you are a brownie lover like me, I highly recommend you go to the store ASAP and pick up a few boxes of these. I have been eyeing them for a while, but when I saw them on sale at Target, I finally bought one. INCREDIBLE! They are 100 times better than those other (Duncan Hines, maybe) single serving brownies.

A little girl I know also thought they were pretty good!



Later in the day, she discovered one of her many obessions hiding in a tub in the garage.





A few hours later, we sang, "Rain, rain, go away. Come again next year.!" It has rained for 5 straight days. Enough already. Notice the water standing in the corner of the patio. The seller of the house was supposed to add a drain. Didn't happen, evidently. Add it to the list.


And today. Today we went to our friend Melissa's house. Melissa was our realtor and has been an angel to me the last few months. I'm not sure how I would have made it here without her. She has a pool and AC got to take her very first swim. She was very excited until she saw a few fancy rocks over next to the fence. You know how my girl loves rocks. She didn't get back in the pool for more than a minute after she got her hands on those gems.

Checkin' herself out in the glass!

AC and Melissa


And my favorite picture this week! Love this sweet girl more than imaginable! Look how big she is. Slow down with that growing, little one. You are making your mama sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment