Saturday, October 23, 2010

Father-Daughter Day Returns!

Father-Daughter Day made a comeback today! It has been a really hectic month here and Saturdays have been unpredictable. So Father-Daughter Day got lost in the chaos. Until today. I had a few errands to run (getting the car serviced-UGH! and finishing up AC's Halloween costume), so Daddy and Baby Girl spent most of the day together. It was nice to get out without a fully stocked diaper bag and a 25 lb. girl, but I was so happy to see them when I got home, even if Daddy put her in the same clothes she wore yesterday. "It looked clean to me," he said. That's all that matters, really. AC didn't seem to mind!


Trying to keep G from stealing all her cereal. It's a tough job.

This is our attempt at a family picture. Wow. We are a goofy bunch.

After I'd been home for a while, AC got a clean set of clothes. And my yogurt. She is getting really bad about wanting everything we are eating. I sat it down on the table outside and ran to get a napkin. When I got back, the yogurt was no longer mine. I thought I would take advantage of the opportunity and let her practice using a spoon. Being able to use a spoon was on the developmental chart for 15 mos. at the pediatrician yesterday.

I quickly regretted the spoon.


Today is one year exactly since we pulled into our rental home and started unpacking those dreadful Uhauls. It's hard to believe it's been one year. One year away from home. One year since this day...


Here's to hoping next year is easier for us all and full of just as many blessings. We love and miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment