Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Growing Girl

AC had her 18 month check-up this morning. She is growing and developing right on track! She weighs 27 lbs. and is 33.5 inches long. This puts her in the 85th percentile for weight and the 90th percentile for height. The first thing Dr. Fang said when she entered the room was "Wow! She's big!" Yes, I know and so does my back. Dr. Fang also thinks that she is developing a few common allergies. Nothing serious, but just enough to cause red eyes and a small rash around her nostrils. She said that she will most likely grow out of it. The appointment was concluded with a shot. Today she got the Hib vaccine (which prevents meningitis, pneumonia, epiglottitis (a severe throat infection), and other serious infections caused by a type of bacteria called Haemophilus influenzae type b). I'm proud to say that no tears were shed!

"These grape flavored sticks are yummy!"
After AC's appointment, I made my way back to the DMV. Sadly, I was unsuccessful yet again. It seems that you need 1 million documents to prove you are legal citizen before they will give you a driver's license, none of which I had. On the way home, I did a little shopping. Well, if you can call spending $8 at T.J. Maxx shopping. I have decided that I want AC to have one of those swimsuits with sleeves. She wasn't blessed with the bronzed skin gene, so she will most definitely burn this summer. The sleeves will provide a little more protection! However, this one will have to be returned. She might get a belly burn if she wears this suit! Looks like we are moving on up to 24 months sizes.
Later in the day, she and Daddy fed the ducks. She LOVES these ducks. She even says, "Duuuu, duuuu!"
Going to bed early! Happy Wednesday, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. DARN DMV! UGH.
    Love that suit and can't believe she is so big.
    TOO FAST I TELL YA!

    ReplyDelete